Be advised that SLE12 support on SUSE Studio is a technology preview.
Just a few days after the SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 release, you can create SLE12 appliances with SUSE Studio as you have been creating them for the SLE11 series or the openSUSE versions.
New products based on SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 feature enhancements that more readily enable system uptime, improve operational efficiency and accelerate innovation:
- New core technologies like systemd (replacing the time honored System V based init process) and wicked (introducing a modern, dynamic network configuration infrastructure).
- The open source database system MariaDB is fully supported now.
- Support for the open-vm-tools together with VMware for better integration into VMware based hypervisor environments.
- Linux Containers are integrated into the virtualization management infrastructure (lib-virt).
- Docker is provided as a technology preview.
- GNOME 3.10 (or just GNOME 3), giving users a modern desktop environment.
- Integration with the new SUSE Customer Center, SUSE's central web portal to manage Subscriptions, Entitlements, and provide access to Support.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 includes infrastructure for a live kernel patching technology delivered through SUSE Linux Enterprise Live Patching.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Modules offer a choice of supplemental packages, ranging from tools for Web Development and Scripting, through a Cloud Management module, technically delivered as extra repositories.
Do you already have a SLE11SP3 appliance? Click on the Upgrade button and convert that to a SLE12 based appliance.
Remember this is a Technology Preview. Currently, building Azure or ec2 images is not possible.